My Labor story...sorry I didnt do this sooner!
January 24, 2008 at 12:43pm, baby Kaelah Elizabeth Turner entered the world with a full head of hair, chubby little cheeks and the brightest eyes I've ever seen.
It by no means was an easy labor. Chris and I went in at about 1:30am on the 23rd for contractions that were approximately 4-6 minutes apart. We were at the hospital until about 5am only to be sent home because I wasnt dialated. This was not a fun day for me! I spent the next 24 hours bearing contractions so painfulthat no sitting, standing or laying position would take away the pain.
1:30am on the 24th, I couldnt take it anymore, so, back we go to the hospital...
Finally, 4cm dialated! I had to wait about 2 hours for a room, but at least I was being admitted! As soon as I had my room, it was only minutes that I had to wait for the anesthesiologist to give me an epidural. No more pain!
I progressed to 6cm in about 2 hours, and at that time the doctor broke my water. I then quickly went to 9cm where I stayed for about 3 more hours. The doctor gave me the choice of waiting until I progress to 10cm, or to go ahead with the c-section. I chose to have the c-section not only because I wanted my little girl out, (after her being 9 days late--I was ready!) but I also knew that my pelvis was small, and there was a chance I would need a c-section anyway. So away we went.
Being in the OR was very overwhelming. I had no clue what to expect, so when they layed me down on the table and strapped my arms in, I started to cry and get scared. Chris wasnt alowed to come in until right before I was cut open.
I dont remember much, but I do remember hearing her cry! Such an awesome feeling. The doctor started to stich me up, and thats when I could feel the pain. My epideral wore off! Not fun at all. Apparently I was supposed to be given more pain medication, but it was missed somehow. I spent about an hour and a half in recovery while the nurses tried to get my pain under control.
I wasnt able to hold Kaelah until about 4 hours after she was born because my pain was unbearable. But finally holding her made all the pain go away and everything worth it.
As for the rest of recovery, Chris was amazing and helped out so much, and is such a great daddy. I had some intestinal problems, and was in pain for about 6 weeks, but I'm all better, and doing great. Kaelah is gaining weight and growing like a weed and couldnt be healthier!
Friday, March 7, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment